Following are a few reminders in order to get Term Three off to a smooth start.
- The pillows went home at the end of last term. Please bring back a pillow for your child. A SMALL one. We can not store large fancy pillows.
- Please make sure your child's hat has been washed and is in their bag ready to return to school.
- Please return your child's portfolio. It should be in the order it was when it went home.
- Term three is often the worse term for coughs, colds and bugs. If your child is unwell then please keep them at home in an effort to reduce the spread of germs.
- It is important that your child can hear well at school. If you are concerned that your child is not hearing well then please have a GP check their ears. We have had quite a few cases of 'Glue Ear' this year already.
- A reminder that Mrs Sorgiovanni will be teaching on Thursday's and Friday's for the next five weeks. Mrs Birch will be in the office with extra Admin duties.
- This term your child will receive a 'reading book'. When they receive reading books will depend on their tested readiness. For this they will require a reading bag. One like our green classroom note folder can be purchases at local news-agencies. Please ask to have a look at this folder during week one. Reading bags must be waterproof and a sensible size.
- A note about home reading and how to do it will accompany the first readers.
- The children will receive sets of Sight Words this week. A note of explanation will accompany these.
- Please keep us informed about things that are holding your child's interest. We always endeavour to plan activities that draw on children's interests in order to strengthen engagement. This term we will begin by looking at animals. Insects, Australian and the "Deadly 60".
- We have a prayer assembly on Friday of Week 4. You may wish to mark this in your diary.
- Our news roster will remain the same this term. The topic for the first two weeks is 'Something I found interesting during the holidays."
- Please fill in the parent help roster as soon as possible.
Thanking you all for your continued support!
Looking forward to seeing our little people on Monday.
Julie Birch and Gemma Sorgiovanni